Prep Time: 15-20 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1-2 medium carrots, halved and sliced
- 4-5 skinless chicken thighs (with bones) or drumsticks
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3-5 Bay leaves
- 2 cups of cabbage, shredded
- 2/3 cup of organic green peas (frozen)
- 6 cups of water
- 3-4 medium size potatoes, large cubes
Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil of your choice. Sauté garlic, onion and carrots for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, mix the meat with vegetables and season your ingredients to taste with salt, black pepper and bay leaves. Sear the meat on all sides for 3-5 minutes and then add water. Bring your soup to a boil, add potatoes and decrease the heat to maintain a simmer until your potatoes are almost cooked. Then add cabbage and green peas. Continue simmering for another 5-7 minutes. Skim the foam and most of the fat from the surface of the soup with large spoon.
That’s it! Turn the heat off and let the soup sit on a stove for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.