Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15-20 min (beef), 40 min (wild rice)
- 1 lb. lean pre-cut beef strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Portabella mushroom cups or 2 cups of white mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 full cups of kale, chopped, de-stemmed
- 1-2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of wild rice mix or brown rice (serves 6-7 portions)
Start boiling the wild rice mix (or brown rice) before you begin cooking the beef since it usually takes longer. Follow rice/water ratio instructions on the package and once the rice is ready, you can add a teaspoon of butter.
Poor vegetable oil into a large sauté pan and heat it up over medium-high heat. Then add garlic and onions and cook them for 3-4 minutes. Add beef stripes; stir well and sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Add chopped mushrooms, kale, more salt and black pepper. Mix all the ingredients, cover your sauté pan and cook for a few more minutes until beef is fully ready. Cooking time depends on how thick your beef stripes are. If you end up with too much liquid then you can remove the pan lid and continue cooking over low heat until it evaporates.